School of History, Classics and Archaeology
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The School of History, Classics and Archaeology in the College of Humanities and Social Science was founded in 2002 as part of a major restructuring of Edinburgh University. This saw the university's nine Faculties reconstituted as three Colleges, while Departments were reorganised and replaced by Schools. The new School of History, Classics and Archaeology brought together subject areas previously taught in the Faculty of Arts (History, Classics) and in the Faculty of Social Sciences (Archaeology). The School is housed in the former Medical School building designed by Sir Robert Rowand Anderson (1834-1921).