Reconstitution of Faculties into Colleges, 2002
In 2002, Edinburgh University underwent a major structural change. Its nine Faculties were reconstituted as three Colleges, while Departments were reorganised and replaced by Schools.
- The College of Humanities and Social Science replaced the Faculties of Arts, Divinity, Education, Law, Music, and Social Sciences.
- The College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine replaced the Faculties of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine.
- The College of Science and Engineering replaced the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
Twenty-two schools were created within these colleges, as follows:
Humanities and Social Science
- Arts, Culture and Environment
- Business School
- Health in Social Science
- History, Classics and Archaeology
- Literatures, Languages and Cultures
- Moray House School of Education
- Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences
- Social and Political Science
Medicine and Veterinary Medicine
- Biomedical Sciences
- Clinical Sciences
- Molecular, Genetic and Population Health Sciences
- Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies